Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
This years TEI theme is “On the Edge”, celebrating the location of Cork and Ireland, and the inspirations that come from the periphery. Whilst the theme is “On the Edge” we recognise the importance of centring Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA). Through multiple activities and policies, we aim to celebrate the diversity of the TEI community, engage in discussions about how our research efforts can enhance our understanding of IDEA within communities, and collaborate on strategies that empower those who have been marginalised, and made feel “on the edge.”
To celebrate our diversity, we have organised an IDEA lunch with a special performance from MTU Creativity and Change Playback Theatre group Theatre for Transformation. The lunch will give us an opportunity to celebrate our diversity and inclusion and to share our experiences. IDEA stories will then be performed by thePlayback Theatre company. Details of this event are being finalised and more information will be available soon.
Providing an Experience that supports the diversity of TEI community members
We recognise the people joining our community from different parts of the world (some with visa challenges), cultural backgrounds, abilities and disabilities. At the conference:
- There will be wheelchair accessible and gender neutral bathrooms at each venue
- We have designated two rooms in the hotel to serve as a Quiet Room and Nursing Room
- Attendees will optionally be able to share their pronouns via stickers they can place on their badge at the registration desk.
- More question details about in-person accommodations can be found in the Accessibility Q and A
The IDEA Chairs for ACM TEI 2023 are Gopinaath Kannabiran, Sarah Robinson and Ding Wang. Our goal is to strive to provide an inclusive, equitable, accessible, and enjoyable conference experience to all conference attendees. Please contact us on email@example.com for any questions, ideas or comments on how we can make this Conference work best for you.
- Fourth Diversity & Inclusion Panel at ACM TEI 2022 – https://tei.acm.org/2022/attend/diversity-inclusion/
- Third Diversity & Inclusion Panel at ACM TEI 2021 – https://tei.acm.org/2021/diversity-inclusion-panel/
- Second Diversity & Inclusion Lunch at ACM TEI 2020 – https://tei.acm.org/2020/attend/diversity-inclusion/
- First Diversity & Inclusion Lunch at ACM TEI 2019 – https://tei.acm.org/2019/program/dni-lunch.html